Science and technology
18650 lithium battery welding tools and repair methods?
18650 lithium battery welding tools and repair methods. As an electronic enthusiast, occasionally we need to weld 18650 lithium batteries. The cycle life of lithium batteries is about 600 times. If the number of charging is increased, the thermal motion of the molecules will gradually destroy the internal molecular arrangement and microstructure, and the storage charge efficiency will gradually decrease. Therefore, lithium batteries also need to be repaired.
Nickel lugs are generally welded by spot welders, this one is welded by equipment
If you use a manual electric soldering iron to solder, it can be divided into the following two situations
1. The lugs are made of nickel, which can be welded with WE88C wire and WE88C-F flux
2. If the lug is made of aluminum sheet, it can be welded with M51 welding wire with a low temperature of 179 degrees and M51-F flux.
How to solder 18650 lithium battery electric soldering iron
We know that the outer shell of the 18650 lithium battery is a steel shell. Without a dedicated battery spot welding machine, it is difficult to weld with an electric soldering iron. Of course, there is also a strong battery flux, which can be used to easily solder 18650 batteries with an ordinary soldering iron. However, this powerful flux is corrosive, not only corroding the battery case and positive electrode, but also corroding the soldering iron tip. So, how to weld 18650 lithium battery and lithium battery pack without battery spot welding machine?
1. First use a knife or file to scrape the part to be welded clean
2. Since the material of the positive electrode is more difficult to tin, it is best to grind a little
3. In order to prevent the high temperature from damaging the 18650 lithium battery, wrap the battery with a damp cloth
4. Hold the battery with a solder wire with one hand, and solder it with a soldering iron of sufficient temperature with the other hand to tin the positive electrode of the battery.
18650 lithium battery repair principle
The low temperature can change the electrolyte inside the lithium battery and promote the chemical reaction of the battery that has just been frozen. The use process of a lithium battery is actually a charge and discharge process. During this period, the negative and positive charges in the battery collide with each other. The reason why the battery is becoming less and less useful is because the kinetic energy inside the electron is relatively large at normal room temperature, so the battery is in an active state and leakage is relatively frequent. When a lithium battery is placed in a low-temperature environment, the microstructure of the lithium film on the surface of the lithium battery and the electrolyte, as well as their interface, will change significantly, resulting in temporary inactivity inside the battery and reduced leakage current. So after recharging, the standby time of the phone will increase.
Deep discharge of the mobile phone is to achieve a deeper recharge by depleting the internal electric energy, which requires some unconventional methods. Think of a way to connect the phone to a small 1.5V light bulb, and the power inside the lithium battery will be transferred to the light bulb until all is discharged. "The mobile phone needs to slowly drain its power through a lower voltage. Under normal circumstances, if the mobile phone is connected to the rated voltage of less than 3.6 volts, it will automatically shut down." After the battery is discharged, the battery of the mobile phone that is recharged can be used more. Long time.
18650 lithium battery repair method
1. Remove all your batteries after they are used up, and treat them with temperature. The battery will greatly shorten the use time when the temperature is unstable, because the battery has no electricity and a considerable part of the lithium ion already has a memory battery. This method can release part of the memory battery. When winter comes, put it outside for a while, and then go inside the house.
2. There is another way to remove the battery and leave it for about a week to consume the electricity slowly. You need to use the machine to fully consume the electricity first. Then charge it all again. It is estimated that your current charging time must be very short. After the charge is full, disconnect it and charge it again. Repeat a few times. It is absolutely effective.
3. In order to fully activate the 18650 lithium battery, it needs to be fully charged and discharged several times. The discharge circuit is composed of resistors and light-emitting diodes, and the state of discharge can be estimated through the light-emitting diodes.
Battery repair refers to the general term for repairing rechargeable batteries that have deteriorated or failed through physical or chemical means. Repairing can restore the battery capacity, prolong the service life of the 18650 lithium battery, and improve the performance of the battery.
The above is the 18650 lithium battery welding tools and repair methods, in addition, to develop good habits is also a shortcut to extend the life of the lithium battery.